so I rashly set some goals – how did we do..
- maintain everything we have already set up
- knit a jumper for each of us
- revamp website
- make living room acceptable (the decor… improve it from hovel level)
- make progress with remodeling etc kitchen
- progress big hot water plan
- outside repointing (some at least)
- cook 52 things I have not cooked before
- new windows phase 2
- build bund barn
- complete second phase of the duck run
- sew six items
- make life changing decision and put into action, and make it work!
We have been reasonably successful with sales through our online shops and via a local gallery, covering the cost of our crafting efforts, the cost of keeping sheep, and a little over, which means the wool and meat we keep for ourselves is effectively free.
We built a new chicken run for growing on hens.
We have done masses and masses of hedging
We came to an end of home education and my son has started a small job.
We managed a little holiday, (a bit of a last hurrah) and lots of day trips out.
When I look back over this year, nothing really major seems to have happened, which is a great thing, and definitely preferable to a year full of bad major events.. and we’ve had a few of those. The main thing is we seem to be able to do everything with a lot less stress now, we are having more time out, more craft time (there is never enough), and we are just generally happier.
Not sure what next year will bring. Of course, there will be changes, particularly as no more home ed, mostly though, I hope we plod on as we are, make more things for sale, raise billions of veg and our own eggs and meat, carrying on renovating the house, and enjoying life.
See you next year 🙂